Usually I find the idea of New Years Resolutions to be the kind of hokey bullshit people come up with to justify binge drinking on New Years Eve, because hey, you’re going to be a good girl tomorrow so why no have a few more drinks or show your boobs to that guy you just met, right? You’re turning over a new leaf, so all will be good. This year, however, I’m going to try to make ten New Years Resolutions that I’ll actually strive for– not just to justify my goings-on of the night, which will likely be nothing more than some random games with the boyfriend’s family or otherwise, but to truly try to give myself from goals for the years that I will actually strive for– not just say I’ll do to make myself feel better and then ignore for the rest of my life.
While it makes sense that most of these will be ‘utterly life changing and without a doubt wholesome’, some are bound to be just little things I need to get my head around and actually work on on a personal level that doesn’t involve anyone else or their ideals.
- Lose Weight – What’s that? Yes, of course people, this is the oldest Resolution in the book, but that doesn’t make it any less important for people to do, including myself. It’s also more than just about the weight, it’s about getting healthier and being a better person because of it. If I were happy with the way my health was, I wouldn’t even worry about it, but considering my health kind of teeters on the dire right now, it’s a needed resolution in the way that if I don’t lose weight and get healthier, I might die, so it’s a big one.
- Talk to my Mom more – The prospect of talking to my mother sometimes is utterly exhausting. I can’t help it, I wish I felt differently, but sometimes I have so much nothing going on in my life I feel like I’m sitting there in stifled silence with her when I should be saying something interesting, and then it’s just… she has such trouble breathing sometimes that it takes forever for her to get a sentence out. I love her, to pieces, I love her more than anyone can understand, but I avoid too much talking, but now that things are going so south for her, I need to suck it up and realise that even if it takes her an hour to get out a sentence or she asks me about a life I don’t have, I owe it to her to talk to her- besides, usually she’s pretty fun to talk to.
- Be a Better Girlfriend – as trite as that sounds, and even though I don’t think I’m a terrible girlfriend, I’m sure there’s always room for improvement. I’ll try to want to do more things that he wants, and maybe get around to feeling a bit more like the smoochy, cuddly type that I’ve been failing at for the last year or so– either that or he might end up deciding I’m not the girl for him…
- Spend more time with my Best Friend – My best friend is like… the end all for me. Well, one of at least, he’s pretty much everything to me, and when I think that we sometimes don’t talk for a while, or that all we do is chat about nothing and don’t get to do anything for really, it’s kind of heart-breaking, considering the boy makes me smile more than I should possibly be allowed to. That being said, striving to be around him more seems like something I should do, and something I’ll enjoy doing.
- Finish my book – Oh yeah, I wrote a book, it’s about some characters I play with the aforementioned best friend, with a few new characters added in, and it’s not great, but I want to finish proofing and editing it and get it actually up for sale, because you never know, someone may love the idea of my little book and go from there in making me a staaaar. Yeah, right?
- Read over 100 Books – I’m going to go out on a limb and say both new and books I’ve read before, because I can be a finicky reader, but with the Kindle, it should be a lot easier to slip myself through reading books a bit better than I had hoped. I’ll probably use a place like GoodReads to keep track, just to make sure. I don’t know if I should count the books I’ve read in the last couple of days, but honestly I think I’ll just start fresh come Saturday, and count these dozen books as starters. Tee-hee
- Try to find work – Yay, finding a job in America, or Yuma, Arizona, such a great prospect, but honestly it’s something I need to be working on. I’m not sure what I can do or what I’m good at, or if I can even make it to most jobs considering my lack of transportation and the fact that the bus route that goes near our house got cut off, but I need to find something to be able to… y’know, get income more than just writing– as good as writing is, it won’t help me or Ezrik get out of here any faster.
Honestly, that’s pretty much all I have in me at this moment. Though, I do plan to start doing book reviews on the site to coincide with my new ‘read a bunch of books’ thing. I don’t know, maybe it’s dumb, but we’ll see.