This is a continuation of a previous post (Top Ten Hottest Actresses), at the behest of Haley, I’ve decided to write a Top 10 Hottest Actors list– she thought it would be interesting to see what I applied to hotness in actors as opposed to actresses, and see if we again, agree a bit on who’s on top.
At the end of this post I will be posting honourable mentions for both Actors and Actresses, as I forgot to do so for the latter in its own post– that being said, I suppose we should move on to the list itself, non?
10. It goes without saying (well, to most) that accents are one of my biggest selling points for people sometimes. A good accent can make up for just about any character flaw (within reason), and definitely can override flaws in appearance, considering they’re all pretty superficial anyway, and Gerard Butler has one of the sexiest accents this side of the Atlantic– Scottish accents just do it for me, and I can’t help that, but beyond that, the man is gorgeous in that ruggedly handsome sort of way that screams ‘I’m kind of a bad boy’.
That being said, beyond just the looks, he can be a complete nerd and has a sense of humour that is startling in some cases– I watched a video of him on youtube joking around about how late he was sometimes and just being funny– any man who doesn’t take himself too damn seriously will always end up on my list, and in that case, in 10th spot.
9. Though I am decidedly and relatively new to his whole fandom, considering I hadn’t seen him in too much before the glory that is True Blood, but I do appreciate the fact that the man has something– beyond just the fact that he is like a freaking VIKING, Alexander SkarsgÃ¥rd has something that sets him apart from others in is field– he seems absolutely approachable.
I understand that my reasoning may seem a bit odd, but even beyond the idea that he’s an approachable type of person that you can get your head around, he seems like a man who would be a stand-up kind of guy and be there for you as a friend when you needed– plus, as Eric Northman, he’s absolutely and completely sexy as the pseudo-bad boy, which makes m’lady parts beep. I love him enough to put him at number 9, doesn’t that say something about how sexy I think he is? I believe it does.
8. If anyone decides to question the reasoning for this choice, considering how utterly amazing Gary Oldman is, I might have to direct you to another blog– while I realise he is not always the heartthrob of the movies he’s in, sometimes e can come out looking utterly gorgeous, such is the case when he plays Sirius Black in Harry Potter. That being said, the man has depth and does not always have to be the most gorgeous person in a movie he’s playing in, but he’ll still give it all his heart… and that devotion to his art means more than if he’s Sirius or Zorg to me.
I know that he is, above all else, a highly talented actor, and in that I can trust in the fact that the man has absolutely startling features when they’re played up right– he might not be the youngest buck in my top ten, but he’s definitely worthy of a position here regardless, as he makes you love him in whatever role he’s in, either as the villain or the hero, and that’s why he settled in at number 8.
7. Ever since I first saw Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You, I’ve known how talented he is, but beyond that the man is gorgeous. He has striking eyes, a sexy accent, and a body that is… kind of my type– lean muscled sexiness that lends itself to the idea of a brigand more than a body-builder. The main selling point for me, however, at least in the notion of physical appearance, is his smile– he has the most boyishly charming smile and it speaks to me– I’m a sucker for a boy with a cute smile.
After his death, may he rest in Peace, he still reigned supreme as one of the actors I feel is the most attractive for any role– it saddens me to know that I will not be able to see him be sexy in anymore roles (or creep the pants off me as he did as the Joker), and pretty much seals him as a constant position in my top 10, and at this point, at number 7, but he will always be a staple in this list.
6. To be fair I, like most of the people I know, fell in love with James Marsters while he was playing Spike on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and that is enough to make most people go gaga over him– but it’s beyond that. Hearing him sing, watching how he interacts outside of his acting roles (he’s a complete goofball a lot of the time), and the fact that my boyfriend’s mother seems to know him and says he’s a really nice guy, all complete with his utter nerdiness over comics and Sci-Fi kind of brings him up a notch from just being my Spike. He’s a fairly talented actor and singer, and is accomplished in both, and I love him every time I get a chance to see him.
Most of all, he has this appearance about him– and though I’m not a fan of high-cheekbones on men most of the time, on him they just work– whether he’s a brunette or a blond, the man always looks sculpted. Some people won’t agree with me, but that’s why this is my top 10 list, and it’s also why he’s at number 6.
5. Being a born and bred Kentucky boy really helps Johnny Depp in my eyes, but even if he weren’t, he’s such a brilliant actor and utterly attractive male that it’s impossible to think that he wouldn’t have made it somewhere on this list– I wrestled for a while with positioning, but in the end I figured out exactly where I wanted him, regardless of the fact that he is gorgeous and talented, he is an interesting and intelligent man.
He has a face that ages so brilliantly well it’s kind of hard to ignore, his features are almost perfect for what I’d want to see in a male, and even when he’s being a creeper in a film, I totally still want to hug and snuggle him– that to me, speaks of his talent and that he can be sexy even when he’s not trying. The position may not be as high as some would hope to see, but Johnny Depp is sitting strong and proud at number 5 on my list.
4. People may scoff at me for my decision to have Brad Pitt at all on this list, let alone so high, claiming that he is both overrated and not all that attractive– but honestly, say what you will, the man is sexy. He has every feature a man needs to be considered beautiful by this day’s standards, and to be honest, I wouldn’t change a thing about him. He’s another one of those actors that has a cute, boyish smile that just draws me in, and I find him brilliant in almost all the roles he’s ever played in. This may not factor into some of your definitions of ‘hot’, but it does into mine.
It’s pretty much apparent then that I found something intriguing about their family– if you read that rant– and in that, I find Brad Pitt to be utterly gorgeous. He’s not only talented, but he’s humble, and he doesn’t take himself too seriously when he does things, and that is an attractive quality in any man, famous or not.
3. His current discretions aside, David Boreanaz is one helluva handsome man– I’ve had more than one guy tell me that they’d go for him if they were ever gay, and he is their only exception to the rule of heterosexuality. That is high praise, considering these are men I consider to be straight as an arrow. David has something, and always had since he was playing Angel– he’s dark and brooding, yet fun and happy– and from what I hear he’s even more of a happy go-lucky guy in real life (akin to his character Booth). He’s intelligent and strong-willed, and always seems to own a role when he’s in it.
Granted, he might have lost a few points given his recent infidelity, but I like to give a man the benefit of the doubt at some points– I do not condone what he did, but I’m hoping he can make up for it, and he still has the stuff to be considered sexy by my standards, even if he was unfaithful. That earned him the number 3 spot on my list.
2. Call me crazy if you will, but the inclusion of John Cusack goes a bit without saying in my family. My mother and I find this man absolutely sexy, both his slightly odd appearance and sense of humour, coupled in with the fact that he’s a talented actor and generally good person kind of draws you into the appeal of his features. Not everyone will agree with me on his position, or even that he is ‘hot’ or ‘sexy’ at all, but that’s why it’s my list, and they can stuff it. He deserves a position on this list as much as any other actor.
He is one of the funniest, most interesting men I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching on-screen, and I cannot think of a film that I’ve seen him in when I didn’t find him utterly likable. It seems almost a shame that more people don’t understand his appeal, and he doesn’t get more recognition as a highly sexy actor, but c’est la vie, I suppose.
1. My beloved Ryan Reynolds. There’s a lot to say, and so little time. The man is the epitome of hot for me, he’s sexy in a very straight forward, yet goofy way– he’s got the body, the intelligence, the sense of humour, and oddly enough, the wife to show for it. I absolutely adore this man in everything he’s ever been in, because he seems capable of becoming the character he’s playing almost to a T. You can always tell it’s just a little bit Ryan, but it is also completely believable as his persona. Deadpool? WIN!
I can’t say enough about how much this man makes m’girl parts beep– I was thinking about this a lot for the last few days, and his was the name that kept popping up in my brain, because honestly I cannot think of a man who has appeared in more ways that utterly draw me into his allure than Ryan Reynolds. He’s well deserving of his spot at number 1.
Such finishes the list of hottest Actors– it might not have turned out as some people wanted it to, but it’s still damn well my list, and it kind of speaks to me– I think it differentiates from the list of Actresses, because honestly not everyone will find all of these men attractive at all, whereas with the women, you could at least see physically that they were moderately attractive as well. I suppose that kind of speaks of my want in a man, non?
As promised, we have some honourable mentions, in alphabetical order (by last name, at least). These may be extensive as they’re the others I find highly attractive that didn’t quite make it into the top list. 😛
Actors: John Barrowman, Paul Bettany, Sean Biggerstaff, Orlando Bloom, Marc Blucas, Stephen Chow, John Corbett, Alexis Denisof, Nathan Fillion, Ryan Gosling, Seth Green, Anthony Stewart Head, Taylor Lautner, Brandon Lee, Jared Leto, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Tahmoh Penikett, Stuart Townsend
Actresses: Amy Acker, Elizabeth Banks, Amber Benson, Julie Benz, Selma Blair, Charisma Carpenter, Emma Caulfield, Zooey Deschanel, Dakota Fanning, Anna Farris, Tina Fey, Isla Fisher, Jennifer Garner, Summer Glau, Heather Graham, Alyson Hannigan, Audrey Hepburn, Ali Larter, Rachel McAdams, Rose McGowan, Alyssa Milano, Ellen Page, Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Reese Witherspoon.
And thus concludes today’s post. Feel free to comment on whether you agree, disagree, or just want to go “OMG HOTNESS” or anything. I’ll be glad to respond.